Faux fur is so crushworthy this winter season! It’s an irresistible trend that has really been growing lately. Not only does it keep you warm and cozy, faux fur adds a little touch of luxury to your outfit. What I love most about faux fur, is how wearable it is, like an add-on-to-anything accessory!
Here a few ideas on how to add some faux fur to your wardrobe:
- The faux fur scarf is probably the easiest way to add a little fur to your wardrobe! Since it’s an individual piece, you can wear it with many of your outfits.
- Fur trimmed boots are mega cute! But they are a bit harder to wear, so make sure you find a boot that is right for your body. Sometime fur boots can make you look bottom heavy if they’re not quite balanced. I recommend a type of boot that is covered with less than 30% of fur.
- Faux fur vests are another easy item to wear. Layer your fur vest with a thinner material underneath. This will keep your silhouette lean.
- Fur collars on coats have to be my favorite way adding fur! I feel like they add instant glam and polish off any coat or jacket. You don’t necessarily have to purchase a coat with a collar, you can buy a collar separately, or even wear your scarf as a collar!
- Furry ear muffs are definitely the cutest accessory. If you’re weary of wearing fur, I’d definitely recommend ear muffs. They look cute on everyone and only an occasional accessory.
- Shaggy jackets are also a cute way to wear fur. I personally cannot pull the look off, but it can look great with some skinnies and leg elongating boots!
Tips for styling fur:
- Remember fur can make you look more bulky, so keep the rest of your outfit clean cut and trim.
- Wear only one fur item at a time! Especially if you’re wearing a big piece like a shaggy jacket. Think of fur as an embellishment.
- Have fun and stay warm!