I love little accents and touches of colors. Little details are the frosting on a cake! (Always the best part!) When fellow blogger Style on the Side, posted some pictures of her new navy heels with a touch of gold, I was smitten. Here is a picture of them below, stunning right? Just that little bit of gold adds a red carpet touch to those patent navy blue heels!
Since I’ve had this pair patent black and maroon pumps sitting in my closet for awhile, I thought they could use splash of special as well. So in my version, I’ve added a touch of glitter to jazz up my old patent pumps.
- A pair of pumps (or any shoes really!)
- Packing tape / masking tape
- Sparkly nail polish
DIY Glitter Shoes Tutorial
- First, we’re going to use our tape and make a stencil of the triangular shape. Take a strip of packing tape and fold it in half with the sticky part on the outside
- Where it’s folded cut on a diagonal line to make a triangle when you unfold the tape.
- Stick your triangular tape stencil on your shoe at the heel, then take another piece of tape and stick it across the top of the heel.
- Pull out your glittery nail polish and paint away.
- Once dry, carefully peel away the tape, leaving a touch of sparkles at the heels.
You can use any polish you like, make it a pop of color, or gold and sparkles! And when you don’t love it anymore, you can just take it off with some nail polish remover.
I love reading your comments and feedback!
Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Let’s connect on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin‘