Big thanks to Aveeno for sponsoring this post
It’s so easy to get caught up in life. As modern women, we’ve been told we need to have it all – careers, families, relationships, and social lives. We have big goals and mountains of responsibilities. It’s great to aspire to be all that we can be, but this can take a toll on us as well. In our busy, crazy lives, we tend to forget we need to take time for ourselves.
We get exhausted and burnt out. And this problem leads to other problems. Which takes away from the ultimate goal of achieving all the things we want to achieve. So often, women are so busy making decisions for others that they tend to neglect taking time for themselves. It’s been proven that self-care makes you more emotionally and physically capable of taking care of others.
Creating more personal time should at the top of your the list of goals you want to accomplish along with everything else. Finding as little as 15-30 minutes a day of uninterrupted, relaxing “me” time is so important. You need to make the time for ‘me’ time, in order to have ‘me’ time, it won’t just magically appear. Taking some time for yourself can be anything from taking a relaxing shower to exercising and doing some stretches. This time should be your time to unwind and do something nice for yourself. Read on for some easy ‘me’ time ideas…
Finding my ‘me’ time
One of the best times to get some ‘me’ time in is during a bath/shower time. It’s a little bit of time that everyone has for themselves. So many of us get in a habit of just showering like it’s a chore, doing it as quickly as possible and then rushing on to the next thing to do. But this is really the perfect time to pamper yourself a little.
One thing I always make sure to do is to care for my skin by keeping it moisturized and hydrated. It’s a little luxury I’ve always committed to and enjoyed. Lately, I’ve been using Aveeno’s new Daily Moisturizing Yogurt Collection and I just love the way it feels and smells. This line formulated with Active Naturals Oatmeal and contains vitamins, proteins, lactic acid, and lipids found in rich Greek yogurt which saturates your skin with moisture, leaving it smooth and soft for 48 hours. I also love the cream body wash which is formulated to gently cleanse without stripping and drying my skin. The added bonus is how wonderful it smells. It makes my shower a relaxing experience and after I give my self a little treat by spending 5 minutes to moisturize and massage my body and skin. It provides an indulgent experience that is good for skin, as well as the senses, that you can treat yourself to at home, every day.
Here are also a few more simple ideas on how you can fit in your me time into your busy schedule.
If You Have 5-10 Minutes
- Sit on the patio and just enjoy the view, watch the clouds go by and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. No phone or laptop allowed!
- Take quick walk around the block on your lunch break.
- Breathe deeply and practice some mediation to help clear your mind.
- Pet your pet. Focus for 5 minutes on cuddling with cat or dog. You’ll both feel better.
- Put on your favorite playlist and hit shuffle. Then just sit and listen.
If You Have 15-30 Minutes
- Soak in the tub. Plan so you’ll have some fabulous bath goodies on hand. Don’t forget a glass of ice water or wine.
- Read one chapter of a book you’ve wanted to make time for. If you’re not so much into reading, flip through a magazine, work on crossword puzzle, or try other short escapes.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in awhile just to chat and say hi.
- Do a quick work out at home. There are tons of simple workout videos on Youtube you can do with your own body weight.
- Watch your favorite tv show with a light snack.
What’s your favorite way to spend a little ‘me’ time for yourself?
Let me know in the comments below!