In preparation for my up coming Europe trip, today I set out to get my passport photos done. Fed up with always being ashamed of my photo ID’s, today I was determined to take a photo that was a respectable representation of myself! After taking a little extra time to prep and prepare, I’m proud to say for the first time in my life, I actually don’t hate my passport photo! So to share the love, I’ve put together a list of tips and tricks that help me get camera ready!
Tips on how to take a good passport photo:
- Prepare yourself: Take a little extra time to apply make up and groom yourself. Get a hair cut beforehand if you need to, and don’t forget to tweeze those brows too.
- Wear neutral make up: Whether your photo is in color or black and white, colorful makeup can often look garish and unflattering.
- Wear your hair down: Consider wearing your hair down, it’s typically more flatter and frames your face better for these types of photos.
- Plan what to wear: I find collared shirts and blouses always come out well. Stay away from clothes that are loose fitting, they tend to look sloppy in photographs. If you have dark hair, wear a light coloured shirt and vice versa.
- Keep it professional: Remember that you might use the passport photo for many different purposes, such as job applications or official documents, so make sure you dress accordingly.
- Use mattifying face powder: Even if you don’t have particularly oily skin, sometimes the flash of the camera can create a shiny t-zone.
- Practice with selfies: This is the tip of all tips! Taking selfies give you good idea on how your makeup and hair will turn up on camera. Plus you can practice your expression, smize for the camera!
Have any tips of your own to share on taking great photos?
Let me know in the comments below!
Let’s connect on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin‘