Christmas has crept up so quickly! It’s less than a week away and I haven’t even started my Christmas shopping yet. Tomorrow I’m going to be doing my first round of shopping. There’s a snowfall warning out for tonight and tomorrow, so hopefully everything will stay open while I try to battle mother nature in the spirit of Christmas.
Here are some last minute shopping tips for all you procrastinators out there:
- One stop shop in the mall – Malls are the best way to cover a lot of ground in one sweep and stay warm indoors.
- Start early in the day – You may have waited until the last minute to start shopping, but at least try to start early in the day. This is when stores are most organized and less crowded. It will be easier for you to find things and less stressful.
- Create a list – A list will help keep you on track, save time, and prevent aimless wondering in the mall.
- Scope out inventory online – Many retailers display stock online. So check stock before so you won’t be wasting your already limited time.
- Stay on budget – Last minute stress often results in overspending. Keep track of how much you’ve spent and who you’ve spent it on.
- Get a gift receipt – It’s okay if it doesn’t fit, they can always trade it in for something else. But only if you have a gift receipt!
- Gift cards – It’s not the most exciting present to open, but when all else fails, gift cards are always an option.
Have any last minute shopping tips of your own? Share them below in the comments! 🙂