Bio-Oil needs really needs no introduction, it’s a celeb-loved, cult-beauty product most famously known for stretch mark skincare remedy.
But chances are there are a lot more Bio-Oil uses than you’re aware of. It is do-it-all skin saver does everything from help fade dark spots and acne scars to moisturize all over. And since its global launch in 2002, Bio-Oil has won 191 skincare awards.
The Bio-Oil use applications are countless. This little bottle of magic has potent mix of skin boosting vitamins and boasts a number of benefits, including reducing stretch marks, improving the appearance of scars, fighting the signs of aging, and smoothing uneven skin tone.
With so many uses in one little bottle, it’s no surprise that it’s been dubbed a “miracle” product by many who’ve used it.
Psst…like shopping? Check out my post on
Top 25 Best Online Shopping Sites You Wish You Knew About Sooner
What Is Bio-Oil?
Bio-Oil a combination of vitamins and plant extracts, including lavender, rosemary, chamomile, and vitamins A and E. Its unique formulation also contains the breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil™, a highly effective ingredient for aging and dry skin.
Bio-Oil has a lighter texture than most oils, which is easily absorbed when massaged into the skin and gives it a ‘dry’ feel. It has very light fragrant scent, and the leave the skin feeling soothed and moisturized.
Bio-Oil uses are endless, it can be used on the face and body, and promotes healthy, radiant skin, is non-comedogenic, and suitable for all skin types.
Best of all, the Bio-Oil price tag is so reasonable, you really have no excuse not have it part of your beauty arsenal.
Bio-Oil skincare oil is famously known for helping for scars heal, fad acne scars and stretch marks, but there are so many other Bio-Oil benefits as well. Read on to find out all the Bio-Oil uses for skin, hair, body, and more…
25 Bio-Oil Uses That You Didn’t Know About
Bio-Oil for Face:
- Bio-Oil is a fantastic an anti-aging facial oil. Packed with Vitamins A and E and other nutrients, along with using Bio-Oil for scar fading, it also can fade fine lines and wrinkles, boost cell turnover, and nourish the skin.
- Bio-Oil for skincare – Say so long to tired eyes. Soothe tired eyes by applying Bio-Oil under your eyes and massaging it gently to fade dark circles.
- Bio-Oil to soothe skin – Smooth on freshly plucked or waxed brows to soothe skin and reduce redness.
- Bio-Oil for acne scars – Applying it on marks left from acne breakouts to help fade the scar.
- Bio-Oil for lips – Use it on lips to help sooth & prevent chapping, especially in cold weather.
- Bio-Oil for face and body as a moisturizer – Because it’s hypoallergenic and non-acnegenic, it’s suitable for almost any skin type or makeup
- Another Bio-Oil use is as a hydrating makeup base before applying your make-up. It prevents foundation from going patchy when applied to dry areas before application.
- Bio-Oil for makeup – Get your glow on! Pat on a few drops of Bio-Oil after your makeup is done to get the perfect glow on your skin.
- Use Bio-Oil to remove the most stubborn eye makeup. It’s gentle formula will nourish lashes and eye area at the same time.
- Not only does Bio-Oil feed your eyelashes, it also prevent them from sticking together when applying mascara.
- Bio-Oil can thin out a heavy foundation. Just mix a bit in to make foundation thinner and more moisturizing.
Bio Oil for Body Care
- Bio-Oil makes a great moisturizer. Thanks to its breakthrough ingredient, PurCellin Oil™, its forms a thin, non-greasy, protective layer over skin to prevent moisture loss.
- Rub Bio-Oil into dry and cracked heels daily to get smooth sandal-friendly feet.
- Use Bio-Oil as a nail and cuticle treatment. Massage a small amount of Bio-Oil onto your nails in need and the Vitamin E component will result in them being strong and healthy.
- If you suffer with dry, cracked elbows, rub on Bio-Oil into make them soft and moisturized.
- Use Bio-Oil as a massage oil to relax and treat your skin to natural goodness.
- You can use it in your bath. Add a couple of drops of Bio-Oil for nourishing and relaxing treat that will leave your with silky soft moisturized skin.
- The combination of Calendula, Lavender and Rosemary oils, and Chamomile extract, makes it the perfect antidote to sunburn.
- Bio-Oil for skin – Use as a pre-shave treatment to soften skin and prevent cuts.
- Bio-Oil use for skin – And after your shave, smooth it on your legs for a glossy sheen to bare legs.
- Dabbing a little onto pulse points during a stressful day will help you to stay calm and Zen.
Bio-Oil for Hair
And I actually just wrote a whole post on this topic… check it out!
(The Hair Secret I Swear By: Bio-Oil for Hair)
- Thanks to its lightweight, dry consistency, Bio-Oil for hair a great treatment for brittle and damaged hair. Hydrate the ends of your hair with Bio-Oil to prevent and treat split ends.
- To use Bio-Oil for hair, rub a drop of it between your palms and smooth over strands to tame pesky fly-aways.
- Another way to use Bio-for for hair is to stop dry itchy scalp woes in their tracks by massaging it into your scalp or adding it to your shampoo.
- Another Bio-Oil use is to protect your hair in the summer. Smooth on our hair before taking a dip in the pool and Bio-Oil will protect hair from chlorine when swimming.
I discovered Bio-Oil last year and I’ve been seriously obsessed ever since. Like many of you, I just through it was for stretch marks. But honestly, it’s such a great multi-tasking beauty product that has so many benefits. I always have a little bottle in my bag at all times, the 25 mL bottle is just so handy!
Dry hands, patchy makeup, cracked lips, paper cuts, pretty much almost any skin ailment, Bio-Oil can help with. It’s so handy to have and I use a good 3-4 times through out the day. If you haven’t had a chance to try it, I would seriously recommend you do!
Read more on Bio-Oil:
- How to Add Bio-Oil to Your Daily Beauty Routine
- The Hair Secret I Swear By: Bio-Oil for Hair
- Self-care Sunday: Have a Spa Day at Home with Bio-Oil
- A New Way to Treat Dry Skin: Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel
- I Used Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel for 14 Days and This Is What Happened
- Everything You Need to Know About Bio-Oil
Have you tried Bio-Oil before?
Let me know in the comments below!