25 ways to use Bio-Oil in your skincare and body care routine.
Bio-Oil really needs no introduction, it’s a celeb-loved, cult-beauty skincare oil that’s most famously known as stretch mark remedy, but chances are there are a lot more Bio-Oil uses than you’re aware of.
Bio-Oil is do-it-all skin saver does everything from helping fade dark spots and acne scars to moisturizing skin. And since its global launch in 2002, Bio-Oil has won 191 skincare awards and with good reason!
The Bio-Oil uses and applications are countless! This little bottle of magic has potent mix of skin boosting vitamins and boasts a number of benefits, including reducing stretch marks, improving the appearance of scars, fighting the signs of aging, and smoothing uneven skin tone.
With so many uses in one little bottle, it’s no surprise that it’s been dubbed a “miracle” product by many who’ve used it.
What Is Bio-Oil?
Bio-Oil is a multi-purpose skincare oil with a combination of vitamins and plant extracts, including lavender, rosemary, chamomile, and vitamins A and E. Its unique formulation also contains the breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil™, a highly effective ingredient for aging and dry skin.
Bio-Oil has a lighter texture than most oils, which makes it easily absorbed into the skin and gives it a ‘dry oil’ feel. It the leaves the skin feeling soothed and moisturized, with out having a heavy feeling.
Bio-Oil skincare oil is most famously known for helping for scars heal, fad acne scars and stretch marks, but there are so many other Bio-Oil uses and benefits as well.
The Bio-Oil uses are endless, it can be used on the face and body, and promotes healthy, radiant skin, is non-comedogenic, and suitable for all skin types.
Best of all, the Bio-Oil price tag is so reasonable, you really have no excuse not have it part of your beauty arsenal.
For a deep dive on the history, background and formulation of Bio-Oil check out my post on FAQ’s – Everything You Need to Know About Bio-Oil.
Read on for 25 Bio-Oil uses for face, hair, body, and more…
25 Bio-Oil Uses and Benefits
Benefits of using Bio-Oil on the face
Bio-Oil is non-comedogenic (won’t block pores) and is safe to use on your face. It can help treat a variety of facial skin concerns and contains ingredients that are beneficial for your skin to help it heal and repair itself. (Also check out this post on Bio-Oil for face for more tips on how to use in it in your skincare routine)
1. Bio-Oil for face as an anti-aging facial oil – Bio-Oil is packed with Vitamins A and E and other nutrients, which can help scar fading, improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles, boost cell turnover, and nourish the skin.
2. Bio-Oil for face – Use Bio-Oil to help fade dark under eye circles. Pat on a small amount and massage into skin.
3. Bio-Oil to soothe skin – Smooth Bio-Oil on freshly plucked or waxed brows to soothe skin and reduce redness.
4. Bio-Oil for acne scars – Applying it on marks from acne breakouts to help fade the scars left behind.
5. Bio-Oil for lips – Use Bio-Oil on lips to help sooth & prevent chapping, especially in cold weather.
6. Bio-Oil for face as a moisturizer – Because it’s hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, it’s suitable to use as a moisturizer for most skin types.
Benefits of using Bio-Oil in your makeup routine
Bio-Oil can also be used in your make up routine for a variety of purposes. Here are just a few of them here:
7. Use Bio-Oil as a hydrating makeup base before applying your make-up. It will prevent foundation from going patchy when applied to dry areas before application.
8. Bio-Oil for makeup – Get your glow on! Pat on a few drops of Bio-Oil after your makeup is done to get the perfect glow on your skin.
9. Use Bio-Oil to remove the most stubborn eye makeup. It’s gentle formula will nourish lashes and eye area at the same time.
10 Not only does Bio-Oil feed your eyelashes, it also prevent them from sticking together when applying mascara.
11. Bio-Oil can thin out a heavy foundation. Just mix a bit in to make foundation thinner and more moisturizing.
Benefits of using Bio-Oil for body care
Bio-Oil can be used as part of your regular body care routine for a variety of uses as well. Here are a few of them:
12. Bio-Oil makes a great body moisturizer. Thanks to its breakthrough ingredient, PurCellin Oil™, its forms a thin, non-greasy, protective layer over skin to prevent moisture loss.
13. Rub Bio-Oil into dry and cracked heels daily to get smooth sandal-friendly feet.
14. Use Bio-Oil as a nail and cuticle treatment. Massage a small amount of Bio-Oil onto your nails in need and the Vitamin E component will result in them being strong and healthy.
15. If you suffer with dry, cracked elbows, rub on Bio-Oil into make them soft and moisturized.
16. Use Bio-Oil as a massage oil to relax and treat your skin to natural goodness.
17. You can use Bio-Oil in your bath as a bath oil. Add a couple of drops of Bio-Oil for nourishing and relaxing treat that will leave your with silky soft moisturized skin.
18. Use Bio-Oil to treat sunburns. The combination of Calendula, Lavender and Rosemary oils, and Chamomile extract, makes it the perfect antidote to sooth sunburns.
19. Bio-Oil for skin – Use as a pre-shave treatment to soften skin and prevent cuts.
20. Bio-Oil use for skin – And after your shave, smooth it on your legs for a glossy sheen to bare legs.
21. Dabbing a little onto pulse points during a stressful day will help you to stay calm and Zen.
Benefits of using Bio-Oil for hair
In addition to being great for your skin, Bio-Oil can be used on your hair too. It’s a great hydrator and can help with nurturing and protecting your hair. Here are just a few ways how you can use Bio-Oil for hair:
(And I actually just wrote a whole post on this topic! Check it out here: the Hair Secret I Swear By: Bio-Oil for Hair)
22. Bio-Oil as a hair treatment – Thanks to its lightweight, dry consistency, Bio-Oil for hair a great treatment for brittle and damaged hair. Hydrate the ends of your hair with Bio-Oil to prevent and treat split ends.
23. Bio-Oil to tame your locks. Rub a drop of it between your palms and smooth over strands to tame pesky fly-aways.
24. Bio-Oil to treat a dry scalp and dandruff – Another way to use Bio-for for hair is to stop dry itchy scalp woes in their tracks by massaging it into your scalp or adding it to your shampoo.
25. Bio-Oil to protect your hair – Another Bio-Oil use is to protect your hair in the summer. Smooth on our hair before taking a dip in the pool and Bio-Oil will protect hair from chlorine when swimming.
My Bio-Oil Review
I discovered Bio-Oil last year and I’ve been seriously obsessed ever since. Like many of you, I just thought it was just for stretch marks.
But then I discovered was such a great multi-tasking beauty product that had so many benefits! Now I always carry a little bottle in my bag at all times – the 25 mL bottle is just so handy!
Dry skin, patchy makeup, cracked lips, paper cuts, and pretty much almost every other skin ailment, Bio-Oil can help with. It truly is a miracle product that is good for so many things. It’s so handy to have and I use a good 3-4 times through out the day.
Best of all, it’s very super budget friendly, with the small bottle starting at around $8 a pop. If you haven’t had a chance to try it, I would seriously recommend you do!
Read more on Bio-Oil:
- Bio-Oil for Face: Benefits of Adding Bio-Oil to Your Skincare Routine
- The Hair Secret I Swear By: Bio-Oil for Hair
- Self-care Sunday: Have a Spa Day at Home with Bio-Oil
- A New Way to Treat Dry Skin: Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel
- I Used Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel for 14 Days and This Is What Happened
- Everything You Need to Know About Bio-Oil
Have you tried Bio-Oil before?
Let me know in the comments below!