Holiday season along with winter is just around the corner! And what better way to get festive than some fun winter nails ideas!
Today I wanted to share some of my favourite nail designs for winter and the holiday season. Also, I just had my nails done earlier this week, so I’ll be showing those off as well!
Keep scrolling to see 15 winter & holiday nail ideas and check out the nail artists behind them!
They range from classic to trendy and from neutral to bold, perfect looks for everyday, as well as your next holiday party! Hope you’ll be inspired by these winter nails ideas for your next mani!
Best Nail Colours For Winter
Cream and neutral tones look classy year round, but particularly in the winter. I love them with a dash or gold or sparkle for that holiday effect.
Rich jewel tones in red and green are also on trend for best winter nail colors. This is the season to go bold with your nails!
Glittery shades are another great option that add a little sparkle to your day whether you’re in sweats or glammed up!
Best Winter Nail Art
Glittery snowflakes and intricate crystals always top my list when it comes to winter nail designs, but if that isn’t you vibe there are plenty of other options too.
I love a good prints like the houndstooth design (below) or even more minimalist looks with negative space.
And if you’re looking for something on the playful side there’s always options for cute
Best Nail Brushes
These days you can find pretty good nail brushes on Amazon, and if you’re new to nail art I love this starter set that come with a range of brushes and dotting tools.
… and let the nail inspo begin!
1. Gold + White Houndstooth Nails by takemyhand.yyz
This houndstooth mani was is a classy and chic nail design that looks extra luxe for the holidays!
If you look carefully you’ll actually see that each of the nails are outlined in gold sparkle for a peek-a-boo bling effect that’s perfect for the holidays, but classy for every day too!
This pattern was achieved by using nail stamping plates! They’re a great option for creating patterns and precise designs!
This gel set was from earlier this November and done with my girl Amanda from @takemyhand.yyz. (Check her out if you’re in Toronto and get $15 off your first set with code takemyhand!)
2. Minimalist French Mani with Triangle Design by @takemyhand.yyz
These are my current nails! I wanted something a little more neutral and classic, but still fun!
These french mani style nails with the triangle design makes a chic winter nail look that’s both modern and timeless.
3. Gemstone Holiday Nails by @mydumbnails
Deep reds are another favorite when it comes to best winter nail colours. I’m loving this bold red with the gemstone accents in emerald green and ruby red for a festive and luxe look!
4. Pearls and Celestial Charms by @mydumbnails
This playful and dainty nail design with pearl and star charms is perfect for holiday season!
5. Sweater Nails by @tessa.lyn.nails
Sweater weather is here, and this darling sweater nail design is giving me all the cozy feels!
6. Minimalist gold and white nails by vmnails_
Looking for something classy, but still festive? I’m loving these minimalist french nails with a touch a gold sparkle.
7. Glitter pink nails by @vmnails_
The holidays are the season to glitter, and this classy glitter pink french design it stunning!
8. Snowflake Nails with and Ombre Base
It’s snowflake season, and I’m loving this dainty snowflake design on this neutral ombre!
9. Minimalist Winter Nails by @sarahnails
Looking for something a little less seasonal? This minimalist line design is perfect to complement those looking to keep it simple.
10. Dotted Snowflake Nails
When I shaw this design I thought it might be and easy one to DIY! You’d just have to dot all the points of the snowflakes and connect them!
Here’s my fave dotting tool set from Amazon!
11. Red and White Holiday Nails by @____annails____
This is a simple and cute mani that’s an easy one you can do at home! I love a good accent nail, especially one with a little heart!
12. Pink and White Holiday Nails
This last nail look is another pretty one with snowflake accents and some candy cane stripes that are oh so cute!
Looking for nail inspo? Check out these posts here:
- 15 Summer Nail Ideas
- Minimal Geometric Nail Art Design
- How to: Heart Tipped Art Design Tutorial
- Valentine’s Day Nail Ideas
- Polka Dot Nails
- Nail DIY: How to Create Heart Nail Designs
- Starburst Nail Tutorial
- Easy Quilted Nail Art Pattern
- Easy Nail Art – Hearts & Stripes
Here’s also a video of some of my favourite winter nail looks:
Let me know which nail set was your favourite in the comments below!
More winter & holiday posts you might like:
- SHEIN Holiday Shopping Guide
- 10 Layering Essentials for Fall & Winter
- What to Look for in Your Next Winter Boot
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Her
- Canadian Jacket Brands to Keep You Warm While Looking Stylish This Winter
- Sephora Holiday Savings Event Picks
- Winter Outfits with Skirts
- How to Winterize Your Wardrobe
- 10 Winter Coats That Will Keep You Warm While Looking Cute