Valentine’s Day already? I just took down my Christmas tree last week to be completely honest. I’m hardly ready for another holiday! If you’re down to last minute like me, here are some easy crafty ideas for home made Valentine’s Day cards.
1. Create Valentine’s Day Cards with Stuff You Already Have Around the House!
Have some old matches, candles or miscellaneous puzzle pieces? Put your creative juices to work and create a fun Valentine’s Day card with odd and ends around the house. Throw it all together with some glue and write a cute message with a marker, and you’re all set!
2. Create Valentine’s Day Keepsake Bookmarks from Paint Chip Samples
Make a Valentine’s Day bookmark card as a keepsake! Stop by the hardware store and pick up some paint samples. All you need is a heart-shaped hole punch and some ribbon to create these Valentines that will be treasured as bookmarks long after February 14. Simply punch a heart out of each color on the paint chip and complete one more punch at the top so you can add a ribbon. Write a sweet message on the back, and you’ll have a memory you can keep!
3. Print and Send – Doesn’t get easier than this!
If you’re really stumped, nothing is easier than just printing them out! Visit http://www.ellinee.com to download the file to print out these super cute Valentines.
4. DIY Pop-up Card (P.S. This is what I’ll be making for my darling bf!)
I simply cannot resist a pop up card. This Valentine’s Day card is so simple, but oh-so-cute! When you open the card up, the heart pops up.
See the full tutorial here: http://radmegan.blogspot.ca
Ok.. so this idea is not as crafty as the other ideas. But when you’re in a bind, a personalized e-card is sometimes the best option! I love this app by RedStamp, it’s not just for Valentine’s Day cards, but cards of all sorts. I find it super useful for quick thank you notes and very handy for any last minute birthdays. They have a great assortment of cards which can all be personalized. You can write your own message and even upload pictures to insert into them.
I hope you found these crafty ideas helpful! Let me know what you’re planning for your special someone this Valentine’s day in the comments below!
Check our more Valentine’s Day posts:
- Valentine’s Day Nail Ideas
- Best Valentine’s Day Books, Movies, and Songs for a Cozy Night In
- Valentine’s Day Outfit from Ann Taylor
- 3 Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas
- DIY Valentine’s Day Cards
- Valentine’s Day Heart Crafts & Gift Ideas
- 40+ Pink Outfit Ideas