Don’t we wish all our shoes were as comfortable as TOMS? Well this tutorial is all about taking these casual shoes to a whole new level with a touch of flirty, feminine lace & chiffon.
I was invited to create this fun tutorial with Buzzfeed.com where I take a regular pair of TOM’s and give them a little makeover for a special event like a wedding or evening soiree. So I’ve create this romantic pair of DIY TOMS with a touch of lace and flowers to transform your everyday slip-ons into a fun and romantic pair of dress shoes you can wear to any special event. Keep on reading to see how you can create your own!
1. Measure and cut the lace. Take your lace and measure the amount you need by lining it up against your TOMS and snipping off any excess lace.
2. Secure the lace with glue. With your glue gun, squeeze out a line of glue where your lace will go. Press your lace along the glue to secure it.
3. Add trim. Measure out the needed amount of trim and attach it in the exact same way as your lace.
4. Make an outline for your chiffon rosettes. Trace a 1.5”-diameter circle on your chiffon fabric, and carefully cut out 8 chiffon circles. (And maybe a few extras just in case.)
5. Cut out your petals. Cut five 1/3” slits into each of the chiffon circles.
6. Shape your petals. Light your tea light and hold each chiffon circle about 1” away from the flame to slightly melt the edges, creating a petal effect. Do this with all 8 of your chiffon circles.
7. Fold your petals into rosettes. Take 4 of your chiffon circles and stack them on top of each other. Then fold the stack in half to from a half circle, then fold it again to form a rosette.
8. Secure your rosettes. Use your stapler to secure the shape of your rosette.
9. Add the finishing touch! Attach your chiffon rosette to your shoes with a glue gun and you’re ready to dance the night away!
Yes Missy is a light-hearted lifestyle blog that celebrates a living beautiful life and all the things that make it special. Here you’ll find things I love and feel passionate about, from fashion and beauty to decor, travel, and more. Beyond just a the blog, Yes Missy encompasses my philosophy that life is about creating moments and not waiting for them.
Yes Missy! is a personal blog written and edited by me. Some posts may be sponsored, contain gifted items or affiliate links, but this will never influence the honesty of the content. Everything you see on Yes Missy is something I genuinely like and recommend.