I love little cactus plants! They’re so adorable. I’ve had some before but I wanted a more fun way of displaying them. I thought it would be fun to create a simple cactus terrarium garden with some tall glass vases.
– small cactus
– glass vase
– dirt, rocks, moss or filler
1. Start by creating a base: make a thin layer of moss at the bottom of the glass vase.
2. Adding substance: Layer a middle layer of soil. Sometimes the soil from the potted cactus is already enough.
3. Carefully slide the cactus out of it’s current container. Loosen the soil to fit the new shape of the vase and gently slide in. Use chopsticks to help maneuver and center the plant.
4. Finish it off your cactus terrarium by adding some sand or rocks.
Really quite simple! Ta da! Here are are my 3 little cacti with in their new glass homes.
(June 14, 2014 Update)
Here I’ve also done it with an orchid. Just add some rocks at the bottom, a little moss and transplant your orchid to its shiny new home.
Yes Missy is a light-hearted lifestyle blog that celebrates a living beautiful life and all the things that make it special. Here you’ll find things I love and feel passionate about, from fashion and beauty to decor, travel, and more. Beyond just a the blog, Yes Missy encompasses my philosophy that life is about creating moments and not waiting for them.
Yes Missy! is a personal blog written and edited by me. Some posts may be sponsored, contain gifted items or affiliate links, but this will never influence the honesty of the content. Everything you see on Yes Missy is something I genuinely like and recommend.