One of my favourite easy nail designs is this heart tipped nail art. It’s super simple to do, and requires no special nail art tools. Just the brush from your bottle of polish!
Would you believe I originally published this post back in 2013 when I first started my blog? Well over the years I’ve painted my nails with this easy heart nail art design a number of times.
Since it’s been a popular post, and with Valentine’s Day coming up I shot a 30 second video nail tutorial for you! You can see in action how easy it really is to create this nail design! And don’t forget to subscribe to catch all my new videos!
Heart Nail Art Tutorial
This heart nail art design is super easy to do and doesn’t require any nail art tools. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day, date nights, or any time you want just want a cute and simple manicure!
1. Start off by shaping your nails into an almond shape with a file. Then apply a base coat to all your nails.
2. Once your base cot is dry, take the brush of your polish and create a v shape heart on the tip of your nail using 2 strokes. Don’t be afraid to go over it to help shape the edges of your heart.
TIP: When you take you brush out of the polish bottle, swirl it around to make the neck of the bottle to remove access polish. This will create a blunt brush tip and allow you to make the smooth circular rim of the heart.
You may need 2 coats of polish depending on your polish colour and pigmentation.
Once your heart nail design dry, apply a 2 coats of top coat to complete your heart nail art mani!
OPI Nature Strong Natural Origin Laquer
To create this heart nail art design, I used the OPI Nature Strong Polish. It’s their first vegan nail laquer that also designed to last up to 7 days.
The colours I’m using are:
(from darkest to lightest)
- Dark Neutral pink – For What it’s Earth
- Bright pink – Emflowered
- Pastel purple/pink –Natural Mauvement
- Pastel peach – We Canyon Do Better
- Light Pink – Let Nature Take it’s Quartz
- Top Coat – Nature Strong Top Coat
I’ve had some experiences with ‘natural’ nail polishes before, and I’ll be honest. I wasn’t impressed with the lasting power. But with the OPI Nature Strong Natural Origin Laquer, I found that it lasted just as well as my regular OPI polish.
I shot the photos and video about 3 days out from when I did them and there were no chips yet. On average I would say I get close to a week with some minor knicks.
Also I found the OPI Nature Strong Polish quite pigmented. Even with the lighter colours, I might have been able to get away with one coat if I wanted to. But 2 was definitely enough, where I usually find lighter colours often need 3 to become opaque.
The Nature Strong top coat that’s part of the collection is great too. It dries fairly quickly and has a great high shine gloss.
More beauty posts and nail tutorials:
- Movember Mustache Nails Tutorial
- Easy Heart Nail Design Tutorial
- Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel Review
- Adorable Polka Dot Nails Tutorial
- Leopard Print Nails Tutorial
- 25 Bio-Oil Uses & Benefits
- Spring Flowers Nail Design
- How to Create Heart Nail Designs
- Easy Quilted Nail Art Pattern
- Starburst Nail Tutorial
- Minimal Nail Art – Easy Geometric Design
- 12 Winter Nails Ideas to Try RN
- 15 Summer Nail Ideas for your Next Mani
- Valentine’s Day Nail Ideas