The temperatures are scorching, and the bright sun is shining, which means there’s no better time to show off your sizzling sense of summer style.
Heading to the mall or shopping online often means you’re likely to have the same clothes as everyone else. So why not be original and add a little of your own personal style with a little DIY fun?
So today, I’m sharing some of my favorite summer fashion DIY projects for clothes, shoes, accessories and more!
1. DIY Summer Fashion Project – Cut Off Denim with Lace
Denim cut offs are a staple to every summer wardrobe. Now everyone knows how to make cut off denim shorts from and old pair of jeans, but adding a little lace detailing can be the finishing touch!
This tutorial below shows how you can make your denim cut offs an original piece by easily adding a little bit of lace with no sewing machine required. Just a needle and a thread!
Denim lover? You’ll need to check out the best places to shop for jeans online!
2. DIY Summer Beauty: Temporary High Octane Highlights
Summer is the perfect time to add a splash of color to your hair! But skip the salon and damaging your hair with chemicals.
This tutorial show how to create temporary bold, vibrant highlights with some brightly colored eye shadow.
Beauty junkie? Don’t forget to check out the latest in beauty here!
3. DIY Fashion Project – Chain & Suede Bracelet
Move over friendship bracelets, this DIY bracelet is a chic accessory that binds to 2 chain link together by doing a variation of the simple shoe lace cross. It’s super easy to make, so head on over to see the full DIY chain bracelet tutorial for the step by step instructions.
For more easy DIY bracelet tutorials check out:
- DIY Fashion: Spiral Chain & Suede DIY Bracelet
- DIY Fashion: Suede and Chain Woven Bracelet
- DIY Fashion: Suede Woven Chain Bracelet (Part 2)
- DIY Fashion: Glammed Up Hex Nut Bracelet
- DIY Fashion: Chan Luu Bracelet Tutorial
- DIY Fashion: Knotted Charm Bracelet
- DIY Fashion: Hemp Wish Bracelet
4. DIY Summer Fashion – Scarf Sandals
5. DIY Wire Heart Ring
Dainty rings have been so popular, but did you know that you can easily make them yourself with wire and pliers? This DIY dainty heart ring tutorial will show you how to make these cute little jewelry accessories to up your summer style.
For more DIY jewelry tutorials check out:
- DIY Jewelry: Caged Pearl Necklace
- DIY Jewelry: 3 Dainty Wire Jewelry Tutorials
- DIY Jewelry: Pearl Hair Pins
- DIY Jewelry: Love Knot Earrings and Pendant
6. DIY Embellished sunglasses
No matter where summer takes you, a new pair of sunglasses is the must have accessory! This summer DIY fashion idea will make you stand out from the crowd and show off your personal style. You won’t want to hide in the shade when you’re rocking a pair of DIY embellished sunglasses.
7. DIY Cut Out Shirts
Creating a DIY cut out t-shirt is a great way to refashion your old worn out t-shirt into something new. Not only will you be stylin’, cut out tee’s will cool and breezy when the temperatures are rising. (Plus they make a cute cover-ups for beach days). Here are some tips and tricks on how to make the perfect DIY cut out t-shirt.
8. DIY Twisted Turban Headband
Here’s another great way to up-cycle an old shirt with a fun print. This cute headband is perfect for sweeping your hair into a cute no-fuss up-do on those hot summer days.
9. DIY Fashion Idea – Sharpie Design Sneakers
These cute pineapple sneakers caught my eye and a fun summer DIY fashion project you can easily do with just a few tools. All you need is couple sharpies and a little practice to doodle this cute design on a plain pair of sneakers. And if you love DIY sharpie ideas, check out this post with 25 creative sharpie ideas to decorate your life.
10. DIY Fashion Project – DIY Swim Coverup
Yup, that’s right, this cute no sew vest is also made out of a t-shirt! I think it would make the perfect little cover up for the beach. The best part is you don’t even need to a needle and a thread – snip, snip, snip, and you’re done!
Love DIY ideas? Check out more of my DIY round ups below:
- 25 Easy and Creative Sharpie Crafts
- 10 Wickedly Clever & Simple DIY Projects
- 12 Handmade Gift Ideas Everyone Will Love
- 20 Creative Washi Tape Ideas
- 15 Super Chic Ikea Hacks
- 20 Decorative Mason Jar Crafts
- 10 Homemade Mother’s Day Gifts
- 20 Creative Sharpie Ideas to Decorate Your Life
- 7 Fun and Easy DIY Ring Tutorials
Do you have any summer DIY fashion ideas you’d like to share?
Share them the comments below!