The crisp mornings and cool evenings are a sure sign it’s time to getting ready for fall and winter. So in this post, I’ll be sharing some of my favourite fall and winter trends along with the right pieces to update your fall wardrobe.
I’ll be covering the all the key fall and winter colours, textures & fabrics, along with outerwear and shoe trends for the upcoming seasons. So keep reading to see to get all the details!
For more fall outfit inspiration check out:
- How to Wear Cropped Jeans: 4 Ways to Style Them for Fall
- Decor Ideas for Getting Your Home Ready For Fall
- 5 Fall Fashion Staples to Add to Your Closet Right Now
- Workwear Lookbook: Fall Outfits for the Office
- 7 Fall Outfit Ideas for Every Day of the Week
1. Trending Colours for Fall & Winter
The coming season has a wide spectrum on colours on it’s roster. On the bold side, it has shades of wine red and grenadine, along with deep blues, and classic black.
And to contrast that, on the softer side, shades muted pinks and greys have been trending as well for this fall and winter, along with tones of olive and caramel on the earthy that have been popular as well.
2. Trends for Prints and Textures for Fall & Winter
You’ve guessed it right: it’s the season of all things checkered. If you haven’t got your hands on a checker blazer or a coat yet – now is the time!
Floral prints are also going to strong still with both dainty prints and bold ones playing their part in this seasons trends.
90’s fabrics and textures are making a comeback too, and I’ve been seeing many pieces in faux leather and corduroy.
3. Must-Have Shoes Styles for Fall & Winter
Seems like this season is all about eye catching footwear! Bold boots are back with their chunky soles. Along with embellished shoes with chain and bows details
OTK (over-the-knee) boots are still going strong, and probably one of my personal favourite styles. And on the classic side we have loafers and slingbacks that make perfect wardrobe staples as well.
4. Outerwear Trends for Fall & Winter
With the weather getting chilly, outerwear becomes a staple for the fall and winter seasons. Classic styles like the trench, wool coat, and capes make a ritual return being tried and true for the seasons. And more playful styles for fall and winter include puffer coats, shearling wool textures and fuzzy coats.
Want more fashion inspiration? Check out:
- Get the Look: How to Dress Like A Chanel Girl
- Best Dressed Holiday Party Guest
- A Floral Dress to Fall For
- One-and-Done Dressing
Any favourite fall and winter trends that you’re loving at the moment?
Let me know in the comments below!