This year I’m coming up on 8 years here in Toronto, which means I’ve managed to survived 8 cold and long Toronto winters. I’ve learned a lot these 8 winters, including knowing where to buy a winter coat that will get you through the season.
The best winter coats for women should keep you warm in extreme cold, are comfortable to wear and hopefully be stylish to too. So in this post I’m sharing where to buy winter coats in a range of styles and brands, price points, size offerings and activity levels, so you can buy one that looks good, feels good, and actually lasts.
Tips for buying winter coats
But before we dive into the the best places to buy winter coats, here are some shopping tips you should consider:
- The best time to buy winter coats is either at the beginning of the season where there’s a lot more selection, or near the end of the season when they’re on sale.
- When you’re buying your coat, take in consideration if you’ll be wearing layers under it or not. This will help you getting adequate sizing.
- Price doesn’t always mean quality, make sure you take a look at the materials (down, synthetic, wool) that make up your coat. Some inexpensive coats can be just as warm as a pricey one!
- There are many different types pf winter coats: parkas, puffers, wool coats, and more. So to figure out which one is right for you think of the activity you’ll be wearing it for.
- Think of what kinda of accessories and features you want your coat to have to suit your needs. For example, a hood to protect your head, easy access pockets, zippers or buttons, etc.
More fashion & style posts:
- Winter Lookbook – Cold Weather Outfit Ideas
- Best Online Shopping Sites You Wish You Knew About Sooner
- 5 Things to Look For in Your Next Winter Boot
- 8 Pro Tips to Shopping at SHEIN
- Best Places to Shop for Shoes Online
Where to buy winter coats: under $150
These days there are a lot of affordable options for where to buy winter coats. Here are my 5 favourite retailers for finding winter coats that are under $150.
Uniqlo is a great place to get affordable well made wardrobe staples, including winter coats. They have a great range of practical and classic coat styles that you can find for under $150.
If you’ve followed my blog for awhile, you’ll know that I’m quite the SHEIN shopper. I love their stylish clothing and affordable prices. If you’re looking for where to buy a winter coat online that’s trendy, SHEIN is your spot.
H&M is a great place to find affordable and fashionable winter coats. They have a range of puffers, wool coats and parka style coats and jackets that look stylish and won’t break the bank.
Asos is another great place for where to buy winter coats that are inexpensive and stylish! I love how they’re size inclusive and have plus, tall, and petite, so regardless of your body type you can get a winter coat that fits you properly!
Where to buy winter coats: under $300
If you’re looking for a durable winter coat that will last a few years, typically around $300 is the price range you’d be looking at. Most of my warmer winter coats are in this range and I find the stand the cold quite comfortably. Here are my 5 favourite retailers for where to my winter coats in the mid price range.
Lululemon winter coats are technically designed and always have functional features like pockets, clever openings and air vents so you can be comfortable in their coats. They’re designed for style, comfort & performance and a great choice for your winter outerwear
Everlane makes quality clothing and outerwear in timeless styles that are made to last. They have a great range of puffers, anoraks, wool coats and more. Get 10% off your first order!
3. J. Crew
J. Crew has a great selection of colorful classically cut coats that are both stylish and winter worthy. They carry a wide range of winter coats including puffers, wool & wool blend coats and jackets.
Revolve carries a huge range of winter coats and jackets in a wide price range with most being in the $200-400 range. I love that they have free 2-3 day shipping and returns, 30 day price match guarantee, so you don’t have to sit around and wait for a sale while your size sells out!
5. Ever New
If you’re looking for feminine outerwear than Evernew is your store. They have a great selection of warm winter coats with with timeless silhouettes, from longline designs to fit-and-flare styles. Their clothes and coats have attention to detail and boast statement features like faux fur, button detailing and more.
Check out some other Evernew oufits:
Where to Buy Winter Coats: $500 and up
If you’re looking to make an investment in your winter coat, then here are retailers you’ll want to check out.
1. Club Monaco
I have several wool coats from Club Monaco, and they keep me amazingly warm, look stylish and have stood the test of time. Coats from Club Monaco start around $300 and can go up to about $700, but they often have sales to make them a little more affordable!
Mackage is a Canadian brand specializes in winter coats that bring fashion and function together. They have a great selection of luxury leather jackets, wools coats, down coats & trenches for women and men. I have a few of there coats and they’ve lasted me years!
2. Soia and Kyo
Soia and Kyo is a sister brand to Mackage, but slightly more affordable. They have great winter coats that are both chic and warm!
Shopbop has a huge selection of winter coats from a variety of luxury brands. Get 15% off your first order!
5. Canada Goose
If you’re looking for the ultimate warmth, Canada Goose makes luxury down filled coats that will keep you warm in the coldest temperatures.
More from fashion & style:
- 10 Layering Essentials for Winter
- Winter Look: Blanket Scarf & Long Wool Coat
- 5 Simple Ways to Look Effortlessly Chic
- Winter Style – Surviving Winter in Toronto
- Lookbook: Latest OOTD’s and Looks