Don’t you think it’s unfair guys always have cooler hats than girls? I always find myself buying guy’s hats, they have more selection and just better style options in my opinion. The problem is they are often, if not always, too big!! So here’s my DIY solution to help you resize a hat a so you can have the perfect fit!
- Materials: your oversized hat, scissors, 2 sided tape (or glue), and some foam padding material. (I actually recycled some foam padding out of some new boots I just bought.) Try to find foam padding that is about 1/8 of an inch thick and about 4-8 inches long. The bigger the hat is, the longer you’ll need the foam padding strip to be.
- Take a look at the inner liner band of the hat and measure how wide it is. It’s about 3/4 inches in this hat. You’ll be going to be placing a strip of foam behind the band, so cut your foam strip a little bit slimmer than the band.
- Apply double sided tape to just one side of the foam strip.
- Take your hat and peel back the inner band at the back of the hat.
- Apply your the foam strip with the sticky side down to the inside of your hat. Press down on the foam strip to secure it.
- Fold the inner liner band back up and if you measured it right, it should just disappear behind the band!
- To make sure your hat will be a perfect fit, you can place the strip behind the band without taping it down and try it on first for size.
- I recommend that you place the foam strip on the back of the hat. If your hat is really big, you can place 2 strips on the sides of the hat. I don’t recommend putting it in the front, because it won’t feel as comfortable.
I hope this tutorial will come in handy for all you hat lovers out there!