The holiday season is the best time for baking, whether it’s Thanksgiving or Christmas, nothing beats the scent of an apple pie baking in the oven. There are always the kids around to help out, and family & friends to enjoy all the treats and sweets.
This easy apple pie recipe is your classic no fuss, no frills apple pie. It comes out delicious every time, and best of all it is easy to make. This my go-to apple recipe I’ve been baking myself for the past few years and I thought I would share it with you all to enjoy. It only takes about 10 minutes to prep, so you can spend your holidays celebrating instead of slaving away in the kitchen!
Easy Apple Pie Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 (granny smith) apples
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs orange juice/lemon (not necessary, still works fine without it)
- 1 egg yolk (not neccessary either, but nice to have)
- 2 frozen pie crust (no need to reinvent the wheel right?)
Apple Pie Recipe Preparation
- Peel and cut your apples into small pieces. I like to cut them into eighths, then slice them into thin pieces.
- Throw your apples into a bowl and mix with all your brown/white sugar, cinnamon, and orange juice.
- Fill your first pie crust with the filling and even it out with a spoon, creating a firm dome shape.
- Your 2nd pie crust will be your top of your pie. Let it warm to room temperature, and it should be easy to remove from the tin. Moisten the edge of your bottom pie crust with water and flip the second shell over to make top of the pie. Then seal the edges by pressing them together.
- Cut some thin slices in the top pie crust to allow steam to escape.
- Use the yolk as an egg wash over the top crush of the pie.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425ºF , the lower the temperature to 325ºF and bake for another 20 minutes.
Easy right? No fuss, and hardly a mess to clean up!
This is also a great recipe to elaborate on and add your own special touch. Sometimes I also like to throw in granola mixed with an egg to make it more of an apple crumble. But be creative and add whatever by you like.
Have any great baking recipes of your own to share? Let me know in the comments below!