This easy apple pie recipe is your no-fuss, no-frills classic apple pie. It comes out delicious every time, and best of all it’s super easy and quick to make.
This my go-to apple recipe that’s tried and true. My mom-in-law shared with me a few years back and as a kid, my hubby won an apple pie baking contest with it, so it’s pretty much fool proof!
It only takes about 10-15 minutes to prep, so you can spend your holiday season celebrating instead of slaving away in the kitchen!
15 Minute Easy Apple Pie Recipe
Easy Apple Pie Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 (granny smith) apples
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs orange juice/lemon (not necessary, still works fine without it)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 frozen pie crust (no need to reinvent the wheel right?)
- Peel and cut your apples into small pieces. I find it’s easiest to slice them up into eighths, then cut each of the slices into thin pieces.
- Throw your apples into a mixing bowl and mix with all your brown and white sugar, cinnamon, and orange juice.
- Fill your first pie crust with the filling and even it out with a spoon, creating a firm dome shape.
- Your 2nd pie crust will be your top of your pie. Let it warm to room temperature. This should make it easier to remove from the tin. Moisten the edge of your bottom pie crust with water and flip the second shell over to make top of the pie. Then seal the edges by pressing them together.
If you want to make a lattice for your apple pie, you can easily do that too! Once you remove your pie shell from the tin, simple cut it into strips and you’ll be able to weave the strips of pie crust together.
- If you’ve chosen to just use the pie shell as a whole piece, cut some thin slices in the top pie crust to allow steam to escape.
- Use the yolk as an egg wash over the top crust of the pie.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425ºF , the lower the temperature to 325ºF and bake for another 20 minutes.
So tell me how easy was this recipe? No fuss, and hardly a mess to clean up! I love that it’s so simple and wholesome and comes out perfect every time.
The most time consuming part is cutting up the apples, so if you have a food processor or food chopper you could probably get this recipe down to about 5 minutes or so.
Since this is such a great basic apple pie recipe, you can elaborate on it and add your own special touch. Sometimes I also like to throw in granola mixed with an egg to make it more of an apple crumble. Or I’ve also added some peaches to add some flavour, and I’ve also served it with a side of vanilla ice cream. But go ahead and get creative and have fun while you’re at it too!
For more easy recipes check out:
- Sea Salt and Honey Ice Cream Recipe
- 12 Easy Low-Sugar Breakfast Recipes to Start Your Day Off Right
- Simple Cremini Mushroom and Eggplant Parmesan Pasta
Have any easy baking recipes of your own to share? Let me know in the comments below!