I’m officially obsessed with wire rings! I bought a spool of wire last week and I haven’t stopped making these dainty creations. So today, I’ll show you how I made this adorable DIY wire heart ring. It’s a pretty simple DIY and should take you about 10 minutes to do. Once you get the hang of working with wire, you can make all sorts of fun jewelry!
Supplies for DIY Wire Heart Ring:
- 20 gauge wire
- Pliers (I’m using a pair of round nose plier & flat nose pliers)
- wire clippers
- lip stick or lip gloss (or any cylindrical object) around the same size as your fingers
Instructions for DIY Wire Heart Ring
- Start off by getting all your supplies ready, you’ll need about 2-3 inches of 20 gauge wire, wire clippers, and pliers.
- Cut 2 pieces of wire: One piece about 1 inch, and another piece about 1.5 -2 inches. I’ll be using the shorter piece to make the heart, and the longer piece to make the ring.
- Start off by making a little heart: Take your shorter piece and wrap it around your round pliers to make the bump of the heart.
- Then use your flat nose pliers to make a V bent at the bottom of the heart
- Finish your wire heart off by wrapping the wire around your round nose pliers. Then trim off any excess wire with your wire clippers.
- Now to make the ring: wrap your 2nd piece of wire around a cylindrical object to give it the shape of a ring.
- Then bend the tips outwards with your flat nose pliers at about the width of your wire heart.
- Slip the ring part of the wire around a cylindrical object then place the wire heart on top.
- Using your round nose pliers, bead the tips outward to secure the wire heart in place.
- Now to wear your new DIY wire heart ring creation!
If you’re finding the ends of your wires are a little bit sharp, you can use your pliers to pinch the ends and make them blunt. And don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t come out perfectly the first time, working with wire does take a little bit of practice!
What do you think? I love hearing your feedback, so let me know in the comments below!