Suede Woven Chain Bracelet DIY Part 2
What I love most about chain woven bracelets are the many different looks that can be created. In fact, there are so many ways, I’ve decided to do a whole series of tutorials on them! So make sure you subscribe so you won’t miss the upcoming tutorials!
In my original chain woven bracelet tutorial, I demonstrated the most simple pattern of weaving the suede lace. In this tutorial, I’ll be using the same basic weaving technique, but with a little bit of a twist to create this diagonal three dimensional pattern.
1. Gather Materials:
– About 1 yard (91cm) of Suede Lace or Leather
– 14 inches (36cm) of chain
– One clasp and a couple jump rings (optional)
For this chain woven bracelet, I’m using 3 mm suede lace and the 13x11mm oval double link chain. You don’t need this exact chain size, but a good rule of thumb is to have the chain be at least twice the width of the leather. You’ll need enough room to fit 2 strands of the suede lace through the links of the chain comfortably.
2. Start off my measuring out your materials.
I’m planning to have this chain woven bracelet wrap around my wrist twice. Since I typically make my bracelets 7 inches, I’m going to double it to get 14 inches for the length of chain for a double wrap. Then you’ll need about 2 and a half times the length of the bracelet for the suede lace. For this bracelet it will be 35 inches, but I’ve just rounded up to the closest yard which is 36 inches. It never hurts to have bit extra to tie up the ends.
3. Now to start putting it all together.
Thread the lace through the first link of the chain. Pull it through so length of the suede lace is even and match at the ends.
4. While holding the suede lace in place with the chain, take the stand that is coming out of the link towards you, and do a simple weave (shown in my previous tutorial), down the entire length of the bracelet.
5. Then with the 2nd piece of lace (this piece of lace should be coming out from the back of the chain bracelet), you’re going to weave it in a similar pattern to what you did with the first piece, but this time it’s going to cross over the original strand as well as through the links. Start off by weaving it upwards through the chain on the right side of the woven suede strand and pull it all the way through.
6. Next, take the 2nd piece of lace and pull it across to the left side…
7. And weave it downwards, but now on the left side of the first strand, and pull through the next chain link. From here, you’ll just need to repeat steps 5-7 down the length of the bracelet. Weaving it up on the right side and and back downwards on the left side of the first strand.
9. Finish it off!
Once you get to the end, knot them off and add a clasp and some jump rings. But if you like, you can just use the free ends as a tie to connect your chain woven bracelet. C’est fini!
And like all my crafty creations, this chain woven bracelet is available for sale in my Arm Candy Shoppe as well!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you missed it, check out my part 1 of my suede woven chain bracelet DIY series here. And stay tuned for next woven chain tutorial in the series next week! Make sure you subscribe so you won’t miss it!
I’d love hear what you think, so don’t forget to leave your feedback and comments below!