Abstract Needle Drag Nail Art
So what do you think of this abstract design? After seeing some gorgeous needle drag designs on Pinterest lately, and I thought it was about time that I try it out. It didn’t work out exactly as planned since this was my first attempt, but I’m still happy with this abstract design I created. This nail art is super easy to do, (like all the nail art I do 😉 ) and basically another “messy is good” tutorial.
Nail tutorial materials:
- 2 contrasting nail polishes
- a fine dotting tool or a fine pointed toothpick or needle.
Step by step tutorial:
- Start off with one coat of your base coat on each nail. Wait a few minutes for it to dry.
- Apply our second coat, now you have 2 options here: wait for it dry a little or go to step 3 right away. Waiting for your second layer to dry will create a cleaner look, while going to step 3 right away will create a more swirly marbled mix of the 2 colors. (I waited a little too long between step 2 and 3, that’s why I didn’t quite achieve that marbled effect.)
- Apply your contrasting color to just the tips of your nail, like a sloppy french manicure. Then take your toothpick (or dotting tool or needle) and drag it out to create an wispy abstract design.
- Put a drop of your contrasting color on a piece of paper, and use your toothpick to dot on some splash dot marks near the base of your nail.
- Once it’s all dry finish off with topcoat and you’re all done!