This minimalist geometric nail design is an easy one that anyone can do and requires to nail art tools or brushes. Plus, it’s pretty fool proof so you can feel pretty confident doing it with both hands!
Since spring and summer is just around the corner, I decided to update this nail design with some brighter colours.
In my original post, you’ll see that I used black and white last time (below) which I also love, but creates a totally different vibe!
For these nails, I’ve been using the OPI Nature Strong. It’s a plant based polish with natural origins, but also has great staying power.
Minimalist Nail Art with Geometric Design
- Make sure your nails are filed to the shape your liking, and start off with a base coat.
Whenever I leave a portion of my natural nail exposed, I like to use a base coat with a tint of pink. It gives your nails a natural rosy color and helps hide any yellow or discoloration from using dark polishes.
- Then take your first polish and make a diagonal stroke across your nail. If it’s a darker shade, you may only need a single coat. But if you are using a lighter shade, 2 coats of polish with ensure it will be opaque.
Wait for a few minutes for your polish to dry before applying the second polish on top.
- With your second polish colour, apply a diagonal stroke perpendicular to the first to create an upside down ‘V’ pattern. It’s okay if you get some on the sides on your nails, you can clean it up with a little nail polish remover and a q-tip.
- Finish off with a top coat once your second polish is dry.
Nail Art Tips:
- Start off with a lighter shade. It’s easy to layer a darker polish over a lighter one. But always harder to get coverage over a darker shade with a lighter one.
- To get the slightly mismatched look, alter the direction of the colors as go.
Here’s also a video of my the colourful version! Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel too!
And check out this heart nail art tutorial as well!
More nail art & beauty tutorials:
- Heart Nail Art Design – No Nail Tools Required!
- Spring Flowers Nail Design
- Adorable Polka Dot Nails
- How to Create Heart Nail Designs
- Easy Quilted Nail Art Pattern
- Make Your Own DIY Nail Appliques and Nail Stickers
- Starburst Nail Tutorial
- Movember Mustache Nails Tutorial
- Easy Peasy Sharpie Nail Art
- 12 Winter Nails Ideas to Try RN
- 15 Summer Nail Ideas
- Minimal Geometric Nail Art Design
- Valentine’s Day Nail Ideas