It has been awhile since I’ve done any nail tutorials. Lately I’ve just been painting my nails solid colors, but after seeing all the fun nail art pictures on Pinterest I decided to return to the world of DIY nail art!
This geometric design is so easy anyone can do it and make it look great! Creating this nail art pattern doesn’t require any nail tools, just your regular polish brush! Just pick 2 colors and you’re pretty much set to go.
DIY Nail Art with Geometric Design
- Start off with a base coat. Whenever I leave a portion of my natural nail exposed, I like to use a base coat with a tint of pink. It gives your nails a natural rosy color and helps hide any yellow or discoloration from using dark polish.
- Take your first color, and make a diagonal stroke across your nail. If it’s a darker color, you may only need a single coat, but if you are using a lighter color, do 2 coats. Now wait for a few minutes for this color to dry before applying the second color on top.
- Now with your second color, do diagonal stroke perpendicular to the first to create an upside down ‘V’ pattern. It’s okay if you get some on the sides on your nails, you can clean it up with a little nail polish remover and a q-tip.
- Finish off with a top coat once your second color is dry.
Nail Art Tips:
- Start off with a lighter color, it’s easy to layer a darker color over a lighter one. But always harder to get coverage over a darker color.
- To get the slightly mismatched look, alter the direction of the colors as go.
Hope you enjoyed this DIY nail art tutorial!
Do you have a favorite brand of nail polish you use? Let me know in the comments below!